Crestwood High School

Vision and Progress

Telephone02 9639 7422


Crestwood High School Enrolment Policy

Local Enrolment Policy

Please click on the link for a copy of the Enrolment Policy.

For all enrolment applications, please use the 100 Points Residential Proof Checklist

An Orientation Day is usually held in December for all those prospective Year 7 students who have been offered a place. On this day uniform can be purchased and fees paid.

A copy of the Updated Student Handbook is available

Prospective Non-local Year 7 students

Year 6 students who are enrolled in a public school should apply through their school. Students in private schools should apply directly to the school office.

Further information about non-local enrolments can be found here.

Enrolments into other years

Due to the high demand for places at Crestwood High School for students who live in the local drawing area, there are few places for non local students.

The correct procedure for all other enrolments is to apply to the school directly. An appointment will be made with a member of the senior executive to interview the prospective student and review any documentation from their previous school.

If you are successful in obtaining an interview, you must bring both a copy and the originals of all documents listed in the enrolment policy.

If the application is successful, enrolment forms and support documentation will be provided and a starting date set.

All enrolment applications must be accompanied by proof of residence. This must include a proof of ownership of the property or a signed rental lease through a registered real estate agent. In some circumstances the school may require the provision of one or more statutory declarations confirming the residential address. 

Enrolments may be withdrawn if it is subsequently found that false information has been given.

Support Unit Enrolments

Enrolments in the Support Unit are determined by the Department of Education and Training and applications should be made through the Nirimba Office (Phone 9208 7611).

High Potential Gifted Education

Due to the updated Department of Education enrolment policy, non-local students will no longer be able to apply for enrolment at Crestwood High School through the High Potential Gifted Education program.

The Crestwood High School High Potential Gifted Education program will continue as an enrichment program for those students who are already enroled at the school. Applications for the HPGE class are conducted internally.

Information from the Department of Education

Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit secondary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.